Achtung: diese Seite wird nur zu Testzwecken betrieben. Hier gelangen Sie zur Madipedia-Website: https://madipedia.de
ICOTS 8 - 8th International Conference on Teaching Statistics
Konferenz: 8th International Conference on Teaching Statistics (ICOTS8). Ljubljana, Slovenien. Internet: 8th International Conference on Teaching Statistics
Termin: 11. - 16. Juli 2010
von der Webseite: The International Conference on Teaching Statistics (ICOTS) is held every four years in different parts of the world. This conference is organized by the IASE. The main purpose of ICOTS is to give statistics educators and professionals around the world the opportunity to exchange information, ideas and experiences, to present recent innovation and research in the field of statistics education, and to expand their range of collaborators.
The 2010 Conference will be held in the city of Ljubljana, Slovenia. It will be organized in conjunction with the Statistical Society of Slovenia (SSS).
- Topic 1: Data and context in statistics education: towards an evidence-based society
- Topic 2: Statistics education at the school level
- Topic 3: Learning to teach statistics
- Topic 4: Statistics education at the post secondary (tertiary) level
- Topic 5: Assessment in statistics education
- Topic 6: Statistics education, training and the workplace
- Topic 7: Statistics education and the wider society
- Topic 8: Research in statistics education
- Topic 9: Technology in statistics education
- Topic 10: An international perspective on statistics education
International Programme Committee Executive
- John Harraway (New Zealand) IPC Chair
- Roxy Peck (United States) Programme Chair
- Helen MacGillivray (Australia) Scientific Coordinator
- Chris Reading (Australia) Editor of Proceedings
- John Shanks (New Zealand) Information Manager
- Andrej Blejec (Slovenia) Local representative at the IPC
Local Organizing Committee
- Andrej Blejec (National Institute of Biology) Chair
- Bogdan Grmek (Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia)) Committee
- Tina Kramberger (Cankarjev dom) Venue manager
- Irena Krizman (Statistical Office of Slovenia) Committee
- Katja Rostohar (Agricultural Institute of Slovenia) Committee
- Irena Vipavc-Brvar (University of Ljubljana) Committee
- Hans Rosling, Karolinska Institutet: "What showbiz has to do with it"
- Gerd Gigerenzer, Max Planck Institute for Human Development: "Helping doctors and patients make sense of health statistics"
- Cliff Konold, University of Massachusetts: "The virtues of building on sand"
- Anuska Ferligoj, University of Ljubljana: "Unifying graduate statistics: a big umbrella for a small country"
- Jessica Utts, University of California: "The strength of evidence versus the power of belief: are we all Bayesians?"
- Chris Wild, University of Auckland: "The Great Debates of ICOTS 8 (panel discussion)"